Thursday, December 27, 2007

okay, so i'm still alive and everything is still okay, but we're freezing our asses off. i haven't been able to breathe through my nose for like, six weeks now. has anyone used an infrared space heater? supposedly they do a good job heating, but take less electricity. we live in buildings where the wiring isn't quite up to code and preventing said building from burning down is the name of the game. it was about 13 degrees when i woke up this morning and was marginally warmer inside than outside. and if you haven't used an infrared space heater, but have a recommendation?

7 Comments:

Blogger Bubblewench said...

I wish I had something better to say then this: I dont' have a clue.

I really hope you get the heat thing worked out and fast. Good luck. I'll send you blankets and sweaters if you need!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger TC said...

I'm with Bubblewench: I know nothing but wish I could help :( Is this your "permanent home" for now?

11:11 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

use a humidifier, too?

5:39 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Sorry amigo. They suck.

11:17 PM  
Blogger don said...

My friend has a space heater like that. It's about the size of a small satellite dish and silver. He really likes it. He uses it in a room that is 18 by 24 or so and a faulted ceiling. That room is new and very well insulated. He really likes that heater, and they use it all the time while he's in that room. He says it's enough to keep the main furnace in his house from coming on as the thermostat is in that room. I've been in there when it's on. It seems to work pretty good. I think he got it at costco.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I am 100% help on this subject. It is not much warmer in Colorado right now. Sorry.

1:28 PM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

I looked at the price of some infrared space heaters--holy crap, dude! Although these were fancy ceramic ones.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home