Wednesday, January 09, 2008

well, it's a little harder to write than i'd like it to be. there's the normal problems of time and inspiration when you've actually got it. but then there are things i can't talk about for various reasons and the odd fact that all of this feels kinda tired, even though we just landed. different country, different operation but alot of similar stories that have already been told.

i'm making my way through alot of blogs i haven't visited in awhile, commenting when i can, and sitting there with my jaw dropped and no appropriate comment for some. i'm catching up with my reading though, honest.

the phone number experiment was cool. if you've got yahoo and 3 bucks (the monthly fee for a phone number is something like $2.99) i highly recommend trying it. thanks to everyone who called. every single call put a smile on my face! there were a couple honorable mentions:

-paperback writer... she gets the prize for longest, most rambling. it was funny and i loved it! somehow or another she sounded exactly like, and nothing like what i though she'd sound. figure that one out.

-leelee... probably the most pleasant surprise. of the people who i thought would do it or not, i'd kinda put her down in the "not" column.

-courtney... best drunk dial

-paige... best tease about teasing

i'd also like to take a minute to thank everyone for offering to send baked goods. i was just telling a story, but all the offers really, really meant alot! thanks!

7 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

Phone number?!?! How did I miss that?!?!?! :(

Hope things are going well... and you know, tired sounding or not (which from my end it hasn't been), it's OK. You're allowed to say the same stuff. You're the one there, you know?

8:52 AM  
Blogger TC said...

and if I scroll down I see it... I'm an idiot. Sorry!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

:) I did warn you that it would be long...and rambling. And I would say "um" a lot. I'm glad you thought it was funny (that was my point) and that you loved it. You're quite lucky that it was early in the morning...and that I wasn't drunk. Then I'd be slurring and talking with a slight southern accent.

Coincidentally, how did you think I would sound? :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

***reminds self to call***

Glad you have internet service! You are really missing a Colorado winter. Not good weather for riding your motorcycle to work.

Hang in there!

11:19 AM  
Blogger courtney said...

You'll hear from me again, promise ;)
Drunk or not, that was fun.

11:52 AM  
Blogger leelee said...

Sean, it was my pleasure..I'd hoped to hear YOUR voice on the message but it was great to think you would hear me all those many miles away.

I started reading you in January of 06 when you were in Iraq..I can't believe its been 2 years.I feel like we are distant friends, even though we have never talked.

You and all of the service people, remain in my thoughts and prayers..

HUGS!!

5:52 AM  
Blogger EDW said...

Well, it's all new to me! Write what you can, when you can - I doubt you'll bore any of us. I'm going to try to call I swear!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home