Friday, November 03, 2006

books i enjoyed in october:

"school days" by robert b. parker
"shopgirl" by steve martin
"not a good day to die: the untold story of operation anaconda" by sean naylor
"delta force" by col. charlie beckwith (retired)
"inside delta force: the story of america's elite counterterrorist unit" by csm. eric haney (retired)
"never have your dog stuffed: and other things i've learned" by alan alda
"about a boy" by nick hornby

not as many as i would've liked, but it was a busy month and i was actually trying to knock out some homework...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a self proclaimed slacker your overachieverness is starting to concern me.

Reading and studying? Careful...you might get smart!

Sean said...

reading is the monkey on my back. i HAVE to read before bed.

Anonymous said...

I'm exactly the same way. You should add Freakonomics to your list for November if you haven't read it already. Very good book.

Paperback Writer said...

Better reading as your monkey than anything else! :)

Sean said...

i had a copy of freakonomics and had started to read it and someone yoinked it from me. thanks for reminding me that i need to get another...

pw... definately. although this one can be bloody when the book is good and i pull an all-nighter without realizing it.

Jim McKee said...

Damn, Sean, I am now officially ashamed of myself. In October, I read... TV Guide.

Guess I need to stop being such a slug, huh? (Of course, that applies to MANY areas of my life.)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed a bit of poetry from an old English Literature book...
2 books about New York City-
Parts of a Lewis devotional-
and a bunch of print material :)

Not nearly as interesting or well read as you! :)

SBS said...

I am currently reading A Perfect Storm....It's not all that it was cracked up to be and I'm having a tough time getting through it. But, when it's good, I too have been known to read all night.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...And you need to read Blink by Gladwell if you haven't read it yet.

All of this is assuming you've already read Criptonomicon by Stephenson. If you haven't it is an absolute MUST read. I'll send you a copy. I have 6. I give them away. It's seriously the best book ever.

Now that I know you have the same monkey I do...watch out buddy.

Anonymous said...

Jim... Sorry, wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad, just sharing my horrible addiction as the start of my 12 step program...


sbs. i hate books like that. especially if i've bought them. then i feel guilty, like i HAVE to finish them.

lawgirl. i haven't read that one yet. i'm looking it up now.

Jim McKee said...

Sean, not to worry... YOU didn't make me feel bad... I feel bad as a result of my own slackerism (is that a word?). Just reminds me that I need to feed my mind if I don't want it to wither.