Thursday, November 09, 2006

i got nothing...

i wanna have stuff to write about, but it's the same 'ole, same 'ole...

trying to go to korea next month, but because some jackass couldn't be bothered to do his job properly while i was in iraq my security clearance has lapsed. i'm not sure that i can get it going again in time before the trip.

i'd love to apply for a 4 month job in the antartic but i'm probably going to wuss out of it because of the uncertainty of life after the job. i'll try to line up a job and i'll check it out, but i can't go down there and then come back here without something to slide into. that's okay though, it's nice to play "what if" about some stuff sometimes without actually going all the way through with it.

so my world traveling plans aren't working out quite as well as i'd like. but other things are going well.

the heated jacket liner kicks ass. if any of you are struggling for a christmas present for a motorcycle rider, let me highly recommend the warm'n'safe products. i was doing 70 mph when it was 22 degrees the other day and arrived to work in a non-seansicle format. it was great.

i finally got a new radiator that fits in my galaxie. apparently it was an oddball and was one of a very small number that was built with a certain type of radiator. it was such a rarity that it took the girl about a week to find the right part and then it had to be custom built. the bad part is that in the process of taking the old radiator out i had to shear off the automatic transmission lines. so now i'm waiting for replacements to get shipped here.

that's it. all the news that is fit to print.

3 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

I know what you mean about not knowing what to write. I'm just not feelng it.

Jim McKee said...

I've got a couple of posts saved (that are not time-sensitive) for when I hit the dry spell.

I've been known to write 2 or 3 posts in a day, and then save all but one as drafts. Go with the flow, that's my motto.

Chris said...

I do the same as Jim often times. If I have a heavy writing day, I save them up and post them slowly. I hate the feeling that I keep repeating myself, though I'm sure I do on both my blogs.

I hope your travel plans work out. I know the need to want to get out, far away.