the rules are:
Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged and to read your blog!
now i'm not gonna tag anyone, but i hope some of you who haven't been tagged yet will play along!
my things:
1 - i hate the idea of showering in the morning. if i'm gross enough that i need to shower in the morning, i need to shower the night before. it's less to do with the showering and more to do with my weirdness about my bed and wanting it to be neat and clean.
2 - right now when i run around the neighborhood i refuse to wear any army branded stuff. it's because in my mind my level of fitness pretty much blows and i don't want to discredit the service. in a couple more months where i'm closer to where i want to be i'll probably wear some here and there, or not make such a point NOT to wear them.
3 - i'm stealing one of edw's. i LOVE to sleep. when i'm deployed or during training it's kinda like a time machine. when i'm home i'm just so busy all the time i'm always tired. i don't feel the least bit guilty sleeping til noon on a weekend. except that it screws up my sleep schedule and monday hurts. a friend is visiting at the end of month and i'm taking 2 days off of work. she's got explicit instructions to not be polite and let me sleep. it's her vacation so when she wakes up she needs to kick my door in and yell "get out of bed jackass! no f'ing slacking on my time!"
4 - i read comic books and watch cartoons. alot.
5 - i have a bag fetish. part of the reason for this is because no backpack/briefcase/kit bag manufacturer has consulted me when designing a new bag. dumbasses. some of it that i get bored with stuff. and am an impulse buyer. but i have way, way too many backpacks.
6 - i hit the snooze button for about 30 minutes to an hour before i actually wake up. (i'm cheating. i'm having problems coming up with 7 things).
7 - i used to wear neon barrettes and i LIKED it. i should probably explain this a little better. once upon a time i was a long-haired hippy. i was working on a car or the motorcycle and my hair was falling into my work, getting in the gas or oil or grease or whatever. frustrated i went inside and found a rubber band or a paperclip or a something and used it to hold my hair back. i went back to work on the car, needed a part and went to the store. and got teased for my hair being cliped up. and didn't really care. i've gotten to a point in my life where i still have to prove stuff to myself, but not to complete strangers. sure i get flustered talking to an attractive girl. and once i form a relationship with someone, i want to please them. but i'm not quite the nervous little puppy dog i used to be, going out of my way to achieve some kind of acceptance. i'll probably always strive to get my dad's approval. but i'm getting older, i've got less mentors and there are less people that i try to get an "attaboy" from. although i do still like'em. anyways, it just kinda irritated me and so i took to wearing bright neon hair clippy thingies when i was working on a computer or the car or whatever. and it amused me to no end when i'd get the weird looks or snickers.
so there you go. let's hear yours.
10 comments:
I LOVED this! You gave great facts about yourself - quirky and different and fun. I especially like 2,5, and 7!
You people and your snooze buttons! That's an hour of uninterrupted sleep you could be having!!!
A bag fetish!!!
Wow! I never would have thought. You've joined the ranks of EDW and myself. ;)
Though, I haven't found a good backpack to replace the one I had in high school. :(
Okay, last question...are you a DC guy or a Marvel guy?
I'm ALL about the snooze button. Which is dangerous. And explains why when I set my bedroom clock, I set it ahead. Though I don't know the exact minutes it is fast. Yeah, because if I knew, I'd never get the frick out of bed!
I have always been frustrated because I could never find an adequate bag to carry my toiletries for overnight excursions. I ended up making one. I keep duplicates of all my toiletries in it(some are travel size, some are full size).
I designed my bag so that the inside walls have various size pockets to fit each item snugly in an upright position. The bottom is flat, and has a thin covered board inserted to hold it's shape. In the center portion of the bag, there is just enough room to throw in my hairdryer, curling iron and contact lens stuff. (Everything else stay in there at all times.) I even have an index card check list in there to double check my bag's inventory. (I've said it before, I have a bit of a neatness OCD thing goin' on.)
8:06 AM
Delete
edw... it was a little harder than i thought it was going to be. a matter of just how much crazy to show.
tc. true. i just don't have the self discipline to pop out of bed on the first ring.
pw. there's this great little bag shop in korea. it's the whole reason why i keep volunteering to go over there for different exercises. super high quality stuff, super cheap prices. if you're looking for quality more than cuteness i'd say look at some of the military bags. they'll have pictures of camo patterns but you can get most of their bags in a basic black. camelbak's military line are probably my favorite but maxpedition.com makes some nice stuff that they consider to be military quality but geared for consumers.
paige jennifer. yeah, i now use at least two clocks to wake up. and the one has gotten considerably closer to the bed over the last couple months. i need to pick it back up and put it on the other side of the room again.
amy. oooh, mad skills! we used to buddy up with the parachute riggers in the army because they had the industrial sewing machines, access to material and they were pretty good. you'd have to REALLY be good friends to get them to make you a full bag, but you could usually talk them into making a modification or two for you.
Sean: I think you've just put yourself on Loki's not like list. :)
He says I have too many bags. And I'm always looking out for something sturdy and won't weigh me down!
I'll do mine here quick. :)
1 - I actually wrote a fan letter once. Only once. To an author. I don't know what compelled me to do it. But I did. Wouldn't you know it...he wrote me back! Not only did he write me back... he sent me an autographed letter, personal letter, and autographed book! My family teasted me about being so enamored that I wrote an actual letter, so when I got the goodies in the mail, I was smug and annoying for several weeks. :)
2 - I'm afraid of the Burger King mascot. Seriously. He gives me nightmares. So do the scrubbing bubbles from the commercials.
3 - My favorite flowers are Lillies. Any kind. I love the way they look... graceful but strong.
4 - I went through a phase where I'd always squint my eyes in every photo because I thought it made me look cool. Looking back now, it just made me look like an idiot.
5 - I'm going through a phase now where I'm constantly craving salsa/sour cream and tostitos chip. Not that I need those calories, mind you, but I hate to deprive my body.
6 - I was once suspended for a week in high school for fighting. My parents knew I didn't start it, that I was defending myself, and I earned the nickname "Tyson."
7 - Whenever I get an electric shock, like from dragging my feet on the carpet and then touching something, I always try to move objects with my mind, because I think that somehow it's given me super powers. Wow...that's one run-on sentence.
Oops I meant autographed photo, personal letter and autographed book. This was two months ago!! :)
Post a Comment