Tuesday, May 01, 2007

in defense of a couch potato

once upon a time i was engaged.

she broke up with me.

i was feeling totally crappy.

the premiere episode of "friends" came on.

and for however long i laughed my ass off and forgot about everything.

i love sitcoms.

the end.


okay. not really the end. not only was it funny, but at the time i also identified with ross' girlie angst. when frasier was on i could identify with alot of his dating issues. drew carey understood how much bosses and co-workers suck. al bundy? he's just a god. "*m*a*s*h*" gets the day to day suck of dealing with military bueracracy and pompous asses while being far away from home and occasionally being shelled and the value of true friends. "square pegs", "freaks and geeks", "undeclared" and "that 70's show" all did a great job of capturing what it's like to be a kid in a boring little town with nothing to do. cheers was a group of surrogate friends. i don't relate to anything on "scrubs", but sarah chalke is hot.

7 comments:

Eileen Dover said...

Pahaha, I loved this.

I agree.

Oh, and yes, Sarah Chalke is hot. Even when she was in Roseanne she was cute.

Paperback Writer said...

Hmm...I relate a lot to the tv too. Is that bad?

Law Girl said...

What about Seinfeld? You totally skipped Seinfeld.

Amy said...

What would we do without TV?

Liz said...

I don't relate to anything on America's Next Top Model but it cracks me up. :-)

West Wing was pure escapism - I so wanted to be in their world for a day. They were like the work friends I never had.

SBS said...

I'm with B....how the hell did you forget Seinfeld?!?!

Malinda777 said...

Sean...forgive me...but if you haven't seen the HBO series Lucky Louie...do yourself the biggest favor in years...buy it at Amazon.com.

Especially if you've ever been married, or ever knew a couple that has been for a few years. Warning, some crude humor and language, but hilarious.

I didn't want to watch it...thought it would be lame...WRONG...got it as a gift, will be a gift I give over and over. If you love sit-coms...this one will make your Fav-Five if not ONE :)