my sister died of cancer back in 2005. the original shape of the evil was breast cancer, but over the years it morphed into something else. i don't do anywhere near enough to fight the battle, and keep promising to do more. "someday" when i'm less busy, make more money, etc... there's always an excuse. so i like it when easy ways to do something pop up. run in the komen race? i need to run anyways and this gives me an excuse to train. buy a brand that i already buy during the right month? too easy. well, there's a new one. and if breast cancer isn't your fight, there are several other causes that they support. so if you use msn messenger and aren't doing this already, follow this link.
and if you've got couple extra bucks to spare? go over to courtney's site and sponsor her in her walk. it doesn't have to be much, every little bit helps.
thanks.
5 comments:
I try to donate every year to breast cancer. I'll see what I can do.
speaking of charities...
i actually thought of you this morning on my way to work.
there is a place - not sure where, but i imagine it can be googled - where people can donate frequent flier miles to the troops overseas. makes it a lot easier for them to get home when they have time off.
you rock for being so supportive and letting people know about breast cancer.
Dude, thank you. Any and all publicity helps.
Sean-
Your just awesome all the way through :)
I'll check the links- and truthfully, being involved with a fundraiser makes me realize how blessed I am to be 'able' to help-
As I give...it seems like I get it back 10x's.
I get hit up all the time for certain charities, fundraisers, etc., but the only one I always donate to is breast cancer.
I'll be sure to take a look into both.
*hugs* Sorry to hear about your sister. I'm sure she'd appreciate everything you ARE doing.
Post a Comment