Monday, July 16, 2007

so. here's a question. all we do at work is complain about the handful of users who bitch and moan and complain so much and occupy the majority of our time for petty reasons and prevent us from focusing on the big things we want to be working on that would benefit the entire company instead of the couple of self-centered individuals. sprint recently fired 1000 such customers .

anyways, the question? are we the stupid ones for complaining about such people instead of being one? obviously it works most of the time. nobody in my company gets fired for it, instead it seems as if they get promoted...

7 comments:

TC said...

are we the stupid ones for complaining about such people instead of being one?

Excellent question.

I think a combination of we're stupid... but we also can't stand the thought of BEING one of them?

Law Girl said...

I can all the clients that take too much time.

Especially if they don't pay.

I'm a bitch like that.

caramaena said...

I work in a call centre (not theirs since I'm in Australia) and I have to say I've spoken to, and heard about, many many customers that really should be asked to go elsewhere. Honestly there are a small percentage that are truly unreasonable and too difficult (and costly) to deal with.

Liz said...

I've never heard of anything like that - but yes, some people are annoying and suck up all the time you need for other things. You would get rid of these people in your personal life, right? So maybe it's not so strange that a company got rid of them as customers.

I remember a crazy, mean woman who shopped at a store I worked at. She was really rude to me and my manager/the owner came out and yelled at her for speaking to me like that and told her she didn't want her business if she was going to speak to her employees that way. It had been months of this customer's meanness, she even disturbed other people in the store, and the owner was done with it.

Erika said...

I'd much rather be happy and wonder what is going on in these people's lives that makes them so miserable. That's about all of the thought I put into them :)

Paperback Writer said...

Wow. I didn't know there were such people who actually took the time to "fire" some customers!

mlh418 said...

I could have written that post myself. I am tired of working my behind off, while others just sit and bitch and get ecerything they want. You must be reading my mind, Sean.