someone just brought in a couple of photos that they'd taken of me in iraq. this was one of them, was trying to figure out when and where. well, okay, with the date stamp i didn't try TOO hard to figure out the when, but i guess it was on a trip up north when were scouting for a site to conduct weapons training for some guys we wanted to educate quickly. i think i was pulling security here while we were halted. that was a weird day. everything was alot more laid back up in the northern part of the country because the violence was so much less. it took us awhile to calm down and relax. and of course, the minute we relaxed because everyone said we were safe up there, someone tried to kill us on the way home. it was a good day though. a good crew of guys on the trip if i remember correctly, we made it through all the badstuff okay, we saw some of our guys that we hadn't seen in months and it's always nice to be able to see your friends with your own eyes and know they're okay.
11 comments:
What is your job in the Army? What is your unit's specialty, so to speak?
Wowza...I have a weakness for men in uniform you know.
How long were you in Iraq?
I would think that seeing some of your friends would be an amazing moment.
I have to second Law Girl.
You do know that Alpha is/was in the Navy? Yeah...
It's got to be tough not "knowing" how your buddys are, I know I go nuts when a few days go by and I haven't heard from my fiends, hell I have been known to have the police break down a few doors in my time convinced they have sucumb to the violent act of some stranger only to find they have taken a trip to DisneyLand, oooops.
Ok my grammar in that first line sucked, pardon me ...bit rusty man I need to get back to work, wait what am I worried about? You don't even capitalize a single word at the beginning of your sentences or your I's....I really had to chant a montra to myself the first time I read your blog,,,,"He's not your student, he's not your student, he doesn't have to capitolize if he doesn't want to ...and you can't make him lol.
courtney... catherder...
law girl... of course the girls that find with uniform weaknesses are all hours away...
tc... a year+ it was always good to see those guys, once we hit the ground they scattered all across the company and some i only saw once or twice the whole year we were over there. lot more sincere handshakes and hugs going on over there. why yes, real men do hug.
pw... uhm. stupid questions, but alpha?
kat... i figure i write enough for school and work that when i'm writing for me i can do whatever i want. so screw the caps!
Alpha = the boy I originally came to Pittsburgh for.
I wrote about him - in a roundabout way.
I'll write more about him...one day.
That is a great picture.
I 3rd LG....and I have no business saying that whatsoever.. lol
I don't know how you do what you do but I'm damn glad you do it.
I say the same thing to my ObGyn, by the way.
Post a Comment