well, we're off. the most miserable flight ever. flying on military cargo planes is so much better. constant 110v power for the laptops or game systems, you can stretch out on the floor and sleep... the only problem is the noise. this charter flight bites. the seats are so tight and close together and the a/c isn't working right and it's just been miserable. that's okay though, we're finally underway and the sooner we get it started, the sooner we get it finished.
we've already gotten our beers. i'm walking an interesting line with some of my younger troops. some of the other senior nco's went drinking and racing and chasing with their younger guys and think i should've done it with mine. felt it'd be good for esprit de corps. and they're probably not wrong. but my guys don't have the maturity for it yet. they can't see me acting stupid one minute and then block that out and turn professional again the next morning. so they did their thing and me and my right hand man did ours. one of these kids is really an immature, spoiled little brat who i'm fighting at every turn. but i'm trying to reward and recognize the good to balance out the constant punishment of the bad. so he's underage in the states, but legal here, and he was surprised when i bought him a pint. hopefully it starts to sink in with him. but i imagine it's going to be an amazingly long year.
not sure when/where the next stop will be. hope everyone is doing well!
10 comments:
Ah, Sean. Godspeed to you and your troops. Come back safely.
Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Peace.
So where are you now located at buddy??? I hope that things are going well!!! AND I really hope that this year will go super well for you all!!! My prayers are with you all always!
Take Care and can't wait to hear more from you soon.
Whoa...I had to fool around on here one night, because I thought that my old account had expired and now, I have a new name and all, but I just want you to know that this is me...KIM!!!! LOL!!!!
I'm going to try this again!!! :oP
Keep safe, and god bless Sean, look forward to your next post.
Merry Christmas to you...
Keep safe, Sean. We'll be thinking of you. Happy holidays!
Love,
Paperback Writer and Loki
Glad to read that you are doing OK. Happy holidays to you and your troops!
........*
........♥
.......♥♥
.....~♥~♥~
.....♥~♥~♥
...~♥~♥♥~♥~
..♥~♥~♥♥~♥~♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
........[]
Thinking of you~
Merry Christmas Sean.
Stay safe.
Merry Christmas.
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with the young'en.
Keep posting!
Post a Comment