Monday, December 17, 2007

it's beginning to look alot like christmas...

it seems like every year that i say "Oh my God, it's Christmas already!?! It doesn't feel like it at all!" but that's never been more true than this year. when we first got here i bought a printer/scanner from target. it never printed from the beginning. i finally got a chance to take it back and swap it out yesterday and it was amazing to see the stores crowded with holiday shoppers. that's going to be the odd part about having the couple days off. we'll go see movies and hit the targets and walmarts for those last minute items for our shaving kits or whatever, and we'll run head-on into all the holiday preparations.

alot of these guys don't want to think about Christmas because they're missing it with family. we're in north carolina. it's chilly, but it's definately NOT a white Christmas. we've been so busy, most of us can't tell you what day it is. personally, i'm not a scrooge, i've just forgotten all about it. it'll be interesting to see if the mood finally settles in.

8 comments:

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Hey-
Do I need to fly/drive in? :) (Could I?)
Yesterday T said, "Do you realize it's only 9 days till Christmas?" And I said, ""Yep- and 10 days before the whole mess is over!" lol- talk about a scrooge!
You know I'm not one, but every year by this time I'm counting the days until it's over...
But I'm never sorry once the family arrives on Christmas Eve- and I'm never sorry to see the tree come down either.

Hugs Sean- it will be a year in Feb since I've seen you- seems like it was a few weeks ago. I need to send you an email~
Hope you have a good week...you are often in my thoughts and equally so in my prayers~

Chris said...

It must feel like you're in a whole separate world. I can't believe it's Christmas, and I hear the damn music in every store every day.

TC said...

I have to say, this is the first year that it hasn't seemed weird for Christmas to be here. Maybe it's because we are getting some snow for once!

Hope you're doing well: take care and hang in there!

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

We're all thinking of you.

quin browne said...

my son is just home from his first tour with his marine unit. we, too, are from denver.

i'll follow your blog... be safe.

and i loved your 6s.

Jules said...

Incase I don't get another chance to tell you... MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR... and please... stay SAFE!

(HUG)

Teena in Toronto said...

Hard to believe that a week today it's Christmas Day!

leelee said...

Merry Christmas Sean, and yes you and all the service people remain in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you!!

HUGS!!