Friday, September 14, 2007

stockpiling...


so i've been on this waffle cone blizzard kick lately. are they REALLY that good? pretty close. are the dq girls really that cute? not so much, they just make me feel old. so why do i go there so much?
i got a speeding ticket on the motorcycle the other day. over 25 miles over the speed limit. and even though i've gotten one, i can't turn the speed freak off. if i'm having a john wayne day where i'm really feeling good on the bike i just keep twisting and twisting the throttle...
i'm eating out. alot lately. but no subway, pizza hut, taco bell or burger king. lots of junk food and nice restaurants. i'm sitting on the couch watching tons of t.v., drinking more beer than i normally do, cranking the stereo whenever possible... in all of 2007 i've been shooting for fun twice. all in the last week. and i'm going again on sunday.
i'm not running anywhere near as much as i should. bare minimum to pass my p.t. test and be able to beat/keep up with my kids. nothing to improve my times or prepare for my leg of this year's marathon.
you've probably figured out what i'm doing already. because you're smarter than me. someone actually had to point it out to me. i'm stockpiling experiences before i deploy. i suppose if morals didn't get in the way i'd be having one night stands or hiring hookers left and right. all the things that i'm going to miss while i'm overseas i'm catching up on right now. as much as a person can. i've already started to think about who i can tap for tastykakes, ikea pillows and clean bedsheets. i've really been pulling myself away from friends alot lately. been trying to enjoy some solitude before i'm constantly surrounded by people. which i need to be careful about, because i don't want to lose friends, and when i'm over there i'll miss them as much as i'll miss alone time.
anyways. don't call me sunday afternoon. i'll be busy stockpiling naps or shooting. :)

13 comments:

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Ok, I won't call, but I'm always looking for an excuse to go to IKEA. :)

Anonymous said...

I know you know what I think...sheets, can't ever get enough.

Liz said...

I liked this post; you're very self-aware, something I admire in people. Yes, one day we'll have that beer and talk about blog stuff. In the meantime, feel free to email me and I'll sign up for the Tastykakes! Do people outside of Philly really eat them? I thought they were regional.

liz walter at yahoo dot com

Mommy2JL said...

A very enjoyable post indeed!

:) Good luck overseas

TC said...

I think it's important to know that you're doing it, and why you're doing it. Furthermore, it's OK. And people will understand.

If/when you need something while you're gone, let us know.

*hugs*

Keep those friends... you already know you're going to need 'em.

secretmom said...

wow, i can't even imagine preparing to do such a thing. It makes my worries seem small. You should have all the blizzards, beer and (most) anything else you want!!!

leelee said...

" i've already started to think about who i can tap for tastykakes, ikea pillows and clean bedsheets.

Gotcha covered..just email me with the address where to send the stuff..

leesaann@gmail.com

Erika said...

Going without DQ blizzards...Oh the humanity!

Will you be able to post while you're away?

bigwhitehat said...

Go ahead. It has to help.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I love this about you...as you prepare for the upcoming experience- you are allowing yourself to enjoy all these moments. Bravo! You are choosing to make these moments good. You are choosing to live fully.

Why don't we all do this? Why do we have to be on the verge of something big, or on the edge of loss to reflect on the here and now? To honor what we have- or hold dear?
The truth is- we are all on the verge of something big- life.

Sean- I'm sorry I've been scarce. I came by on 9-11 and wanted to leave a hug- and was so touched by the fact that you simply wanted us to be quiet and refect- no comments.

I'm with Leelee- all I need is an address. I'd love to get the kids involved- and their friends- in being a support to you when you go.

Thanks for writing this- you were on my mind this morning- and then I saw your comment.
I'll leave that hug now~

Hugs :) (I know it's silly! :)

Marissa said...

i think it's only natural to stockpile. i say stockpile all you want and need. you absolutely deserve it.

Gator said...

I would be doing the same thing, Sean. Stockpile and soak up the things that create that "happy" place in your mind.

email when you get a chance with the address for your soldiers...I'll send care packages, too. My email is gator68@embarqmail.com.

When do you leave?

May God Bless you always,
Terri

Bubblewench said...

I have an IKEA near me and will send you stuff if you want. I also live in Philadelphia and would be happy to send you tastykakes no matter where you go!

I totally respect your choice to go. Can't say I agree with it all, but damn do I have the deepest respect for you.