getting your hair cut IS complicated!
so. i need a haircut this weekend. a buddy was asking me if i would have time to go shoot this weekend, and i said i didn't know and was listing out the things i need to accomplish. unfortunately it's a halfway long list for a weekend and if i don't get a couple big things done i'll feel like a slacker. which i am. but i'll really feel like one.
one of the items was "get my haircut". he got excited. "ooh, this'll work out. we'll go to my place and then we'll go shooting afterwards" and started laughing way more than he needed to at the idea of getting our hair cut. we've talked about "his place" before and it freaks me out. he goes to a topless barber shop. now, i'm not against oogling breasts. that's not what freaks me out. what freaks me out is the last two times i've gotten my hair cut at MY place, the barbers (both women, but not topless) have gotten splinters from my hair. i had no idea such a thing was possible, and then to have two of them, in a row, have it happen to them is just weird. i asked both of them about it, and they both said it usually happens a couple times a week. and it happened in the same place to both of them. they were reaching over my head with one arm and just brushed their inner arm against my head and *blam* splinter. so. i start thinking about topless females and accidental brush and a splinter in a really inconvenient, sensitive spot and cringe. so that place is out.
and my normal place? i went their two weeks ago in uniform. i'd just gotten done counseling my new soldiers and one of the bullets i cover in the initial counseling is professional appearance. then i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw that i was looking a little shaggy and couldn't be a hypocrite. so i stopped on the way home to get a haircut so i wouldn't embarrass myself the next day standing in front of them in formation. the female barber who opened up first called my name and i went back, sat in the chair and we started small-talking as she was doing her prep work. turns out we're both part thai and so we just kept talking from there. nice, normal trivial hair-cut chit-chat. obviously she was high-energy and was one of those ones who can't just let you trance-out, but has to keep talking or they get uncomfortable.
anyways, she's just talking and all of a sudden the words "i really want to sleep with an army guy" come out of her mouth. and are followed by lots of other words. which didn't ease my comfort level. especially with tons of people, to include kids around. i mean, it's one thing in the parking lot of a bar at last call, or whispered in your ear... at an appropriate moment. but blurted out, repeatedly by your barber throws you for a loop.
i'm getting shaggy again, so tomorrow's haircut day. we'll see how it goes.
11 comments:
too funny! but, so glad to know that it's not only females that go through hair drama! it's only fair :)
Oh. My. God. A topless barber??? Are you kidding? I've never heard of such a thing. Are the windows all blacked out like girly bars? Oh, my. How does one get that enterprise past town councils?
And the other place...um, talk about inappropriate. But that's way less shocking to me than the combination of titillation and practicality. I thought that kind of thing only existed in Vegas!
LOL that's hilarious! Fortunately I have been going to The Hair God for 8 years and have not had ANY hair drama or complications in all that time...and I'm truly grateful for that!
I wonder if men work in the topless barber shop? Maybe they make them go bottomless because topless for men is not such a big deal. Yes, my mind is a scary scary place.
Starting a post out with "women are right" is always a good idea :)
if i don't get a couple big things done i'll feel like a slacker. which i am. but i'll really feel like one.
LOL
A topless barbershop? Some people just need help. Maybe the woman you LAST went to should work there: she'd get her wish right away!!!
So...how's the hair today?
That's hilarious. Good luck, buddy. I feel your pain.
I wonder if my husband hears the same comments when he gets his hair cut in uniform. I HOPE NOT!!
I still think you should go to the topless barber...just to experience it once.
I have never heard of splinters from hair... wow... learn something new every day.
Good Tuesday morning to you Sean !
Yes, I can see how getting a haircut has become quite complicated :) ! :)
Of course, i WANT TO KNOW HOW IT WENT on the 29th - you left us all hanging !
Thank you for coming by my blog to visit, and leaving the nice comment ! I appreciate it !
You are welcome anytime !
Sincerely,
Loving Annie
WTH? Topless barber?
LoL
I'm sorry to laugh, but I just can't even imagine that happening.
Totally 100% inappropriate, but what can you say exactly in that situation??
I can't believe she said that in front of other patrons let alone children though..
Post a Comment