sorry, i didn't realize i was leaving a cliffhanger there. i went to the girl i'd gone to before. i was talking to someone about it, they said "hey, you know, you don't look as goofy as your normally do with that buzz cut." and that was enough to say that while she might be weird, she at least cuts hair well. she was a little more subdued this time.
i'd like to link to the original video but the embed link is turned off. (sonybmg posted it and i guess they don't want guys like me spreading the love. silly them. one of you might've rushed out and bought the cd after hearing it here.)
when i went to afghanistan i had no idea what to expect. i didn't realize we'd be without power in our living quarters for almost our entire trip. we were told to pack light so i didn't take a cd player because i figured if i wanted to i could plug my laptop in and play music on that. i did have a pocketpc/pda with a memory card in it that i used as an mp3 player with me and that had probably 100 songs on it. the px over there was brand new and flights weren't coming often and it was only being stocked with stuff that wouldn't sell anyplace else. and guys were so bored over there that they were buying the silliest things. so new music wasn't rushing in. and the internet was virtually non-existant, you definately weren't downloading music from itunes or peer-to-peer programs.
about the third week into the tour i keep hearing the guitars from "plowed". and couldn't get them out of my head. by the end of the trip i was desperate to hear the whole song. i could only remember a handful of lyrics and they were driving me crazy. i needed to hear the whole song, loud, in it's entirety. i didn't love the song before, i didn't hate it then. it was always just there, when it came on the radio i listened, when it wasn't playing i didn't miss it. but after that tour i HAD to hear it. it was a ghost that needed to be exorcised.
for the trip to iraq i made sure i had an ipod with me. loaded with songs. and sponge was definately one of them. so of course was that the song that haunted me? oh no. i couldn't be so lucky. the 2nd trip it was:
yes. i'm a goon. i ended up buying season one of charles in charge. i'm probably one of only ten people in the u.s. who paid hard earned cash for that.
guesses on what it's gonna be this time around?
9 comments:
Charles in charge of our days and nights...
Such awful connotations running through my brain.
i love charles in charge. i would absolutely pay for that too. :)
Haha... I miss chares in charge! :)
Hopefully it will be nothing this time: maybe you'll have all the music you really want with you :) (I can hope, right?)
Good Tuesday evening Sean !
Glad you got a good haircut... So are you going to ask her out ???
Those old sweet shows are good though, Sean ! Stuff like Charles in Charge, and Happy Days, and Laverne & Shirley, and Taxi...
Okay, you've commented on my blog twice. I like what I read here... Going to add you to my links !
Loving Annie
p.s. since you've actually BEEN there, I'd love your take on the Blackwater scandal... I posted 2 cartoons about it just now...
haha I love Charles In Charge.
If I had to bring anything with me it would be notebooks and pens.
I'm so terribly unexciting. But I'm sure I'd have lots to say and thoughts to record.
And I prefer paper over a computer for some awful reason, lol.
OOoooo and Bright Eyes.
I would have to bring every Bright Eyes song. Ever.
lol
Especially their I'm Wide Awake It's Morning album..
just saying.
lol
Oh goodness! I don't know if even my surefire earworm killer would work with that - but in a pinch, Sunshine of your Love helps. Really.
Good Wednesday evening to you, Sean ! How was your day ?
Thank you VERY much for the thorough, eloquent and intelligent responses on the blackwater issue.
Much appreciated, especially coming from someone in the know.
Sincerely,
Loving Annie
WKRP in Cincinati...that's what you're bringing this time...
Isn't it? It should be.
That...or Cheers...Cheers would be another fantastic series to bring.
Or maybe we should just pool our money and run cable over there for you...
Sean, most people look at my shaved head and assume that I don't know anything about hair. The truth is, I'm pretty handy with the clippers.
Most of the kids in the neighborhood have figured this out. So now I am the free barber to many of them.
You wouldn't believe how many kids wear high and tights.
Post a Comment