Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"my body says 'you can't do this boy' but my pride says 'oh yes you can'".

not that i'm too lazy to write posts or come up with something original, i'm just catching up on some music that i've missed over the last couple of years and videos and what not. i'm on a toby keith kick tonight, i hadn't seen alot of these videos before and they're pretty funny and they're cracking me up.


i'm identifying with this song alot right now. i know the people who read this who are older than me are gonna roll their eyes and chuckle when i say i'm feeling old, but as i've quoted/paraphrased before, it's not the years, it's the miles. trying to keep up with kids 15 years younger is wearing me out. i've got 2 kids who can run 2 miles in under 11 minutes @ sea level. i haven't been that fast in a decade.

fortunately i've got 15 years of dirty tricks and experience on them. helps to maintain my credibility.

5 comments:

Paige Jennifer said...

Let me leave you with this visual. Me, fifteen years old and in gym class outside at the field. They were figuring out level of fitness by making us run a mile.

"Paige," my PE teacher started. "I'm killing the stopwatch at 12 minutes and going inside. Just meet everyone in the locker room when you're done."

Classic. My dad? The one who was invited to try out for the Philies? He couldn't be prouder.

courtney said...

Don't ask me to do anything that involves upper body strength. I'll tell you about my adaptive physical education classes in grades 1, 2, and 3 another time.

Constance said...

Totally classic :)

You go, 'grandpa' Seaqn and show them your 15 years of dirty tricks....

Hope Halloween was fun --

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

oh, and I cannot deal with Toby Keith on any sort of rational level, so, for the safety and security of my laptop screen, I did not watch the video.

Teena in Toronto said...

Ha! That was a hoot!

I'm not a big fan of country music but I like him.