when it gets to be this time of year, all of a sudden it catches you by surprise? "oh my, where'd the year go?" "how'd it get to be thanksgiving already?" "ack, christmas is right around the corner, what am i gonna buy?" and then january rolls around and it shocks you to see the new year for a couple days?
yeah. i'm going to be gone for all of 2008. i mean, time's still going to be going on, i'm still going to be writing the date on paperwork wherever i'm at, but it kinda makes it more... real somehow. the first time i deployed it was a short trip and i was there and back in the same calendar year. the second time it spanned two years, but i was home for the beginning of one year and for the end of the other. this time in alot of ways 2008 is just going to disappear, the whole year, gone... i'll walk out of work one day and then it'll be '09 before i walk back in.
anyways. just me being weird.
6 comments:
How is that weird?
I was starting to have the holiday panic yesterday after I realized how many paychecks occur between now and Christmas, and OH MY GOD, where am I going to get the money, and all that stuff. But "losing" a whole year--yeah, I got nothing compared to that.
Wow. That's weird, but not you being weird. A year seems like such a big span of time, but when you're in a year, like you said, it just moves so fast.
I'm totally on the holiday panic already too.
But wow, to realize you won't be civilian for a whole year, that's a little crazy to me. I don't think I could do it. It will go super quick though. You're not being weird.
Are you going to try to still blog? Are you going to give us an address to send you letters and tastycakes?
Sometimes when I sit down and watch a crappy movie, my review is this - wow, that's two hours of my life I'll never get back. Is deployment like that? Or is it more of a void connecting two realities? I'm okay losing 2 hours but twelve months is another thing entirely...
That is not weird Sean. I'd be more than a little freaked out if it were me.
That's weird, sad and scary. It's almost like you're saying it's really almost already 2009.
Post a Comment