the same phrase or story will get stuck in my head and i find myself forced to repeat it frequently. unfortunately, it's rarely anything cool. i haven't coined any phrases that have worked their way into popular culture or anything.
right now i find myself saying "look jackass... i don't know what you're complaining about. we're going home in less than 45 days. if someone came to me and said "look mac, we're going to have to kick you in the nuts every morning for the next x many mornings in order for you to leave the country" i'd take my daily kick with a smile and say "thanks for helping us get out of here"".
we've come so far, and these guys have been through so much, and it's just sad to watch them lose their professionalism and act so silly over things like having to make multiple copies of paperwork for their files, or having to do evaluation reports for their soldiers or do inventories of their equipment to make sure it's ready to be turned over to our replacements. we're going home. they should be laughing and joking and smiling and living large... end it on a high note.
hope everyone is doing well. i am.
3 comments:
Sean, I started reading KEEPER..and I can't put it down..I like it better than A GENTLEMAN'S GAME.
Thanks..I'll talk more about it when I read more.
~leelee~
i'm glad you're liking it so far... he just sucks me in with those characters in that series. one thing i really like about him and lehane is he isn't scared to screw with his characters. there isn't always a happy ending. and watching how they react to the bad as well as the good.
Wow, only 45 days. Keep safe and hurry home :)
Post a Comment