
... this is a) me with contacts and b) me driving and not going into road rage. i'm getting better.
... i have had some of the most wonderful rides into work the last two days. i think people took the rest of the week off of work for vacation, so the interstate has been wide open. great feeling to grip'n'rip.
... the 'rents are coming up this weekend. that'll be interesting. we've got alot to get through. it's a weird... something. survivor syndrome? they're happy to have me back from iraq safe'n'sound but they're still mourning the loss of my sister.
... i'm being recruited for another deployment. i love the army, but i think i have to say "no".
... you all attract weirdos apparently. so do i. so what's it say that we all found one another?
... i am continously amazed at how management doesn't understand basics of taking care of people. not just at the company i work for, but all over. are basic skills not being passed down anymore? i guess it's got alot to do with the flattening of companies, and reducing the layers of management. companies don't have management training programs or mentorships programs quite like they used to. i actually had someone make fun of me the other day because i'll bring my grill into work during the summer, and cook up burgers and dogs once every two or three weeks for the department. investment? almost nothing, the employees supply everything. the only cost to the company is about an extra half hour of my time to cook. gain? team cohesion, good spirits, a feeling within the department that we care about them, a laughing/joking environment where we can broach some sensitive topics that might normally not be discussed.
... i am so out of touch with current pop culture. songs and movies came and went in my absence. i'm recovering slowly.
... i love "my name is earl". and not just because of j.p.
12 comments:
Nice picture!
Good luck with the parents...
Oh, and I had your page up when a friend of mine passed by. Her words? "He's cute!"
So, there you go. Approved by friend of Paperback Writer.
I love the grill idea!! Good boss!!
As for your parents...
think posititve thoughts....
And, I'll send some your way as well...
:)
I love the grill idea as well. You are on the right track with that idea. Would come be principal at my school? She makes working there hell. You look great with the contacts.
For sure nice photo..my question, did you snap that yourself..WHILST DRIVING???
My Name Is Earl is too funny..but I have a sneaking suspicion that JP adds to your enjoyment. I hope you are watching The Office afterwards...another funny!!
As proud and grateful for your service as I am, I am also kinda glad you are saying no to another deployment.
Have a good weekend!
~leelee~
I agree with leelee.
a. Taking pictures while driving is dangerous.
b. Earl is awesome. Office is good too.
c. Don't leave again.
d. Office culture has gotten entirely too impersonal.
e. Have fun with the folks.
now i am hungry for a grilled hot dog, thanks sean.
Loved the pic- good job :)
Love the fact that you cook for your group- it does make for greater unity with your team-
I'm thinking of you as your parents come to visit...and still dealing with the loss of your sister. It's got to be hard for all of you.
My name is Earl has got to be one of the funniest shows on TV- I am nuts about it. The DVR is set up to record it each week :)
A day without road rage? I can never imagine it ...
The fact that you want to make the work environment a more enjoyable one gives me hope that all is not lost! That's cool...
Sherry is having a HUGE problem now with management. Her first interaction with ehr new boss was being yelled at. SO yeah, it's universal.
And I 4th The Office. It's repalced Arrested Development in my little heart.
I think your contacts look GREAT. :)
Gnarls Barkley. That's all i have to say about current pop. ;)
Post a Comment