Wednesday, July 12, 2006

if you want to make me happy in the morning...

... plunk an everything bagel with tons of cream cheese in front of me and step back and give me a couple of minutes to savor it in peace...

... there's a job fair for former military personnel today. i'm trying to decide whether or not to go to it. sometimes those are great, sometimes they're more looking for unskilled labor type people and it ends up being somewhat insulting.

... my short term memory is really, really bad. it took me three weeks to remember to write myself a to-do list, so that i could remember all the things i needed to do. and after i wrote it, i'd still forget to print it/read it. it's not just the memory, it's the concentration factor.

... i am NOT getting used to the altitude at all. 2 weeks of running and i still feel like both my lungs are collapsing after just 2 miles. if i stop, walk 200 meters and catch my breath, i'm good to go again. but stopping is just... wussy. damnit.

... my visit with the 'rents went great. funny how that kinda stuff can just make you feel warm'n'fuzzy. i've never had a bad relationship with my folks, no real rebellious years. yeah, there were places where i zagged and they would've preferred i would've zigged, and yeah, they tend to preach down to me a little more than they talk with me at times, but they're still great parents and they just do that stuff out of concern for me. it's nice to feel loved.

... while i love my motorcycle, i'm about to go kick dealer personnel in the nuts. they took 4 days to do the 1000 mile service on the bike. 4 days people. this should've been an hour job in a shop with all the necessary tools when completed by people who usually do many of these a week.

i'm sure there's more, but my brain is still doing cartwheels over the everything bagel.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Pssst – I am going to tell you a secret. I haven’t run in three weeks, and I don’t really miss it. I have been riding my bike, swimming, and doing aerobics at the g-y-m. Not really sure if I will go back to running long distances.

Okay, now you can gloat!

SBS said...

I love bagels with cream cheese....my favorite is cinnamon and raison....

Coffee or tea??? I usually like coffee with lots of cream, but lately I've been on a tea kick....

Karizma said...

Although it's not the same as running outdoors, I'm on the treadmill for 2-3 miles in the morning. I'd like to say I do it to be healthy, but really it's so I can eat whatever I want like that lovely dutch apple bagel w/honey-walnut cream cheese and a ginormous cup of coffee! Yum.

Keep going - you'll get there!

Paperback Writer said...

Remember, Sean is your name.

;)

Now, go for a run! Or not...

mlh418 said...

Everything bagel with cream cheese! My favorite....

Chris said...

Ah, altitude. Welcome to Colorado! There is no air here. My cousin from Minnesota almost passed out doing the incline outside Manitou Springs last month. No oxygen :)