Tuesday, July 04, 2006

randoms...

... i love the commercial for "it's always sunny in philadelphia" that is a parody of the "friends" beginning where they're all playing in the fountain.

... i'm less impressed with "rescue me" than i'd like to be this season. it was always soap-opera-y, but so far it seems to be way over the top.

... i'm having issues at work right now.

... i hate it when t.v. preaches to me. i'm not 6 anymore. i don't need my adult entertainment to preach to me. i'm too old for afterschool specials. uh. jackasses? when i say "adult entertainment" i don't mean porn. i mean prime-time t.v. get yer minds outta the gutters. shame on you!

... i just started wearing contacts again for the first time in about a decade. that was the first time i'd ever worn them, and i gave them an honest shot for about a month and a half, and then had to quit. by that time i'd lost multiple left lenses because they kept popping out of my eye. at that time, it was almost 200 bucks for a pair, then $100 extended warranty, and they were an annual replacement pair of soft permeables. now it's 120 bucks for a year long supply of monthly replaceables, they are toric lenses so they stick to my misshaped eyeballs and it's amazing how much brighter they make everything again. i'm amazingly hard on glasses, and i'm too much of a chicken to have the operations, even though i don't personally know anyone who has had bad luck with them. i still have a helluva time putting them in, but as i get used to them i'm sure that'll get better. i'm only on day three, and i go back for a follow-up visit on saturday. but if they're not driving me crazy by them, i think i'll pull the trigger and committ to at least a six month supply.

... i'm getting way too emotionally attached to my motorcycle. i had to drive my car the other day to work, and it left me cranky the rest of the day. and i'm seriously getting iritable when people cut me off and screw up my nice, 70mph run up the interstate. i love it. seriously, seriously love it. the bad part? i'm wanting to not wear my helmet alot. i probably need to go shopping for a shorty skid-lid and see if that makes me feel better.

... holy crap i have ALOT of gray hairs. it was kinda cute ten years ago when i could find four or five on the side of my head. but uhm. it's getting bad folks. i haven't had a trim in 2 months since i left iraq. so they're longer and that much more apparent. those days end now. no more long-haired freak.

... i hate running! i took 5 weeks off and started up again last week. pain, pain, pain. i'm blaming it on the altitude adjustment though, and not me getting old. on the plus side, it is getting easier. kinda. i need running partners though. or youngsters that i have to set an example for so guilt kicks my ass. or both.

7 comments:

bigwhitehat said...

Get a haircut, Shaggy! Hopalong was completely silverheaded. He still shot straight.

I hope you're still enjoying the bike.

SBS said...

you know...they make medicine now to help control your thoughts and keep them from jumping all over the place like that....
:)

Paperback Writer said...

Loki wanted to get his head shaved clean. I said no. His hairdresser said no.

Who did he listen to?

Yeah, his hairdresser.

Oh, and I still hate contact lenses. Like you, I have misshapen eyeballs (and I'm nearsighted!) so toric lenses was what I had to wear. But they hurt my eyes...and I like my glasses.:)

Happy Fourth!

bslawg said...

I'm with pbw. I'd rather squint or wear my glasss. I've tried contacts three or four times. I just don't have th patience.

Oh, and enjoy the emotional attanchmet to the bike for now. Summer can't last forever.

Paperback Writer said...

Word, BS! Word!

caramaena said...

I've worn glasses/soft lenses/hard lenses for years and years. If I could still wear the soft lenses I'd be doing that but I developed an allergy. I hated the hard lenses.

So I had lasik surgery last year. I left it so long since the thought of complications freaked me out.

Now I wish I'd done it a long time ago.

elcynic said...

I'm sporting greys in my head too, it's not even funny. This just means more dye jobs. I'll pull out a heair and it will be half grey & half burgandy/auburn. Nice.