-me and the motorcycle had a run in with black-ice the day before yesterday and lost. in true bonehead fashion i sacrified my body for the sake of the bike. we're both fine because it was a low speed accident involving me and the ice and accelerated by the UPS truck that didn't see me and started to turn in front of me causing me to jerk while on the ice. i probably would've lost control on the ice anyway, that just sped it up a little. really starts the day off wrong though.
-spent 5 hours yesterday on the motorcycle yesterday. that was a good way to get over any possible insecurities caused by the spill the day before.
-this last weekend while scraping knuckles on the galaxie and trying unsucessfully to get ahold of the guy i've been trying to get who's supposed to be a mechanical genius and was supposed to work on my oldsmobile i decided "screw it, i'm getting a new car". originally i started out looking at wildly expensive new stuff, then reigned myself in. i have no idea what's going on with my job, etc. i don't need a new car, don't really want one, and it's not a wise move. so i started looking at used.
-i've absolutely HATED looking for used cars just as much as I hate looking for new jobs. i've been just a few minutes late on a couple perfect cars several times in a row now. and my wants keep shifting. one minute i just want the bare minimum. just what i need to get back and forth to work on days i need to carry something larger than the motorcycle can handle or on snow/ice days. then other days i want a bigger truck or a nicer old camry or something. right now i've got my mind set on an isuzu amigo, even though you can't find them here in denver usually.
-i was having a talk with an army buddy the other day. he's convinced that PTSD is manifesting itself in him and alot of guys we know as a lack of energy/motivation. not quite depression, but an inability to do anything other than the bare minimum. these guys who had all these big plans are having the hardest time just waking up and dragging their butts into work. i can see this in alot of them. i'd like to say it's in me so i'd have an excuse. but i was lazy as hell before the deployments. i'd rather read a book or sleep than do homework or anything so i don't have to do the work. there are two things i need to do to really help myself on the job hunt. finish my security clearance paperwork and finish these last two classes for my degree. easy right? not-s0-much. someone want to come tutor me on this trig? and by "tutor" i mean pretty much do it for me?
6 comments:
Yikes, be careful Sean! I've said this before - you're the only you the world has, so be careful with you.
P.S. Mind if I hang out here?
Security clearance paperwork SUCKS!
I agree that getting "back on the horse" is the right thing to do most of the time ...but...a motorcycle in Denver in December! Not a good idea, better get that car.
FYI, I just posted that "tag" thing.
I'm glad to hear that you're okay.
Effexor. It rocks.
I'm really glad to hear that you're OK!
I want you to know that since I hate UPS, I'll blame the driver! ;-)
Post a Comment