Friday, May 19, 2006

because i was tagged...

I AM: not ready for most of what life throws my way. but i improvise with the best of them.
I WANT: a passionate yet drama free relationship. contentedness without boredom. to catch my breath.
I HATE: stupidity in all its forms, even the ones i'm guilty of. racism, sexism, etc..., people who can't think for themselves, people who can't think ten steps into the future and see possible consequences of their actions and the list goes on...
I MISS: Iraq already, can you believe it?
I FEAR: failing, heights, making small talk with strangers.
I HEAR: really bad music because i'm too lazy to get up and change the track on my mp3 player, the dryer, highway traffic.
I WONDER: where i'm going to end up jobwise/armywise/personal life wise in the next 6 months.
I REGRET: some of the stupid things i've done that have hurt others. this would fall under "people who can't think ten steps into the future and see possible consequences of their actions", i sometimes fail miserably at this. heat of the moment and all... also not going special forces when i was younger, i would've had a much different military career.
I AM NOT:
I DANCE: very, very badly. but i still try with the right people.
I SING: even worse than i dance. i can't tell you how many times i heard that it was impossible for me to sing as badly as i do because i play instruments. i still don't get the correlation, but apparently because i can tell by sound when i'm out of tune on an instrument, i'm supposed to be able to do the same vocally?
I CRY: hah. as if.
I AM NOT ALWAYS: looking out for my own best interests. i frequently say "yes" to things for reasons other than my own well being. which sometimes gets me a little messed up.
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: trouble. lots and lots of trouble... no, i'm fairly mechanically inclined. read paperback writer's description of herself. i don't claim to do any of the things half as well as she, but i like being able to do a little of everything, artsy stuff, practical stuff and whatever else...
I WRITE: on my blog. i've done some tech manuals in my day, and i've been tempted to pursue that for the money, but the truth is it'd bore me to death.
I CONFUSE: to and too frequently. and i like trouble's answer to this.
I NEED: about another month of vacation...
I SHOULD: be doing homework. 2 classes left. ugh.
I START: way too many projects. A.D.D. posterchild. strattera anyone?
I FINISH: about 50% of what i start for fun. but 100% of what i start for work usually. a boss who used to work to my strengths and cover for my weaknesses better than anyone i've ever worked for used to call me the 80% troubleshooter. whenever there was a problem or new project, he'd sick me on it. i'd slam dunk the solution, but hate doing the detail work at the end of it, documentation, etc... so he'd pair me up with someone who was really into that kind of stuff and fire us off. and alot of the emergency problems didn't need a full 100% solution. they just needed a quick fix to get through the bad part, and that was it.

i'm tagging jules and megan and elcynic because misery loves company

5 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

Good post.

Glad you were a good sport about being tagged twice! :)

BTW: I've posted my meme.:)

elcynic said...

Ok, but I'm doing it HERE as I'm not on Blgger much (ok, at all except to read your bog & Planet Dan) and I didn't want to cross/journal with Live Journal.

ANYWAY:

I AM: Really hot right now, damn summer
I WANT: The work day to go faster, I'm totally closck watching today
I HATE: Confrontation, I just won;t debate/fight with people.
I MISS: The husband, but he comes home tomorrow from yet another work trip.
I FEAR: Way too many things to list here.
I HEAR: The A/C, it's REALLY loud
I WONDER: Who? Who wrote the book of love
I REGRET: Nothing, what I've done make sme who I am.
I AM NOT: Earning my paycheck today.
I DANCE: As often as I can, I'm surprizingly good for a fat chick.
I SING: Along to everything I can, badly.
I CRY: MUCH more then I used to.
I AM NOT ALWAYS: In control, which irks me.
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: I can put togeather anything from Ikea. I'm handy like that.
I WRITE: POORLY, but I try to put something on Live Journal every day.
I CONFUSE: People all the time.
I NEED: Stability
I SHOULD: Be working and not doing this.
I START: Too many projects
I FINISH: Hardly any of them

Trouble said...

I liked your answers.

My ADD cocktail of choice: Adderall and caffeine.

Megan said...

Okay mine is done!

Mayden' s Voyage said...

My letter "L" post is up! Thanks for including me!