Wednesday, February 14, 2007

new observations...

it was a beautiful night tonight. the snow was lightly falling, it's valentine's day so everyone was in a resteraunt or snuggled up with their honey. so it was a picture perfect night for an hour long stroll. real hallmark moment. while i walked i solidified a couple of observations in my head.

1) you're never driving along, hit a bump see your gas needle plummet and realize that it sticks but that you've got JUST enough gas to make it to the gas station. what happens is that you're driving along, all of a sudden the engine dies and you start to freak out a little, not knowing if you've got an electrical problem or what. just as you're saying "what the fu...?" you hit the bump, the needle drops and you realize you've run out of gas.

2) even though you had a pair of gloves and stocking cap in the truck, and were lucky enough to put your gortex boots on that morning, cotton slacks aren't appropriate for 15 degree weather. especially not when you're sliding down hills and climbing over walls to get to the gas station.

3) putting fuel in my truck while cars whiz by at 70 miles an hour, and hoping that one of them isn't being driven by some loser single guy who decided to get a really early drink-on to drown his sorrows isn't driving by and doesn't think that i look alot like the guy who stole his girlfriend and decide to make a quick flick of the wrist and take me out isn't quite as much fun as one might think.

8 comments:

SBS said...

You are a very interesting guy, Sean....you really are.....

Great post. I laughed out loud even..... Totally not the picture of the stroll I had in mind......

Glad you had a nice day :)

Law Girl said...

THIS my dear, is why you keep the gas can full in the back of the truck.

And so you can help stranded people who DON'T keep gas cans in the back of their trucks.

And just for the record...I would have shared the gas in the back of MY truck. I'm just that kinda girl.

Megan said...

glad you made!

Harleyblue said...

You have luck like mine. However, I'm girly enough to call someone to come help me rather than brave the cold to get my own gas. LOL. It's times like this that I'm so glad I'm a woman.

TC said...

Awwwww, *hugs*. Sorry to hear about your mishap...

And I agree... not what I was anticipating when I read the "stroll" part.

Malinda777 said...

Dude! This sucks! You're such a nice guy too... I'm sending over hot chocolate, you may still be cold :)

Jules said...

rough stuff, sean! here's a hug to make you feel better! (hug)

Paperback Writer said...

Sean!!!

Shesh!