http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=5928&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6>1=9066
a) i'd never date this girl. if instead of looking at ANY gift and being grateful for the gesture (you know, "it's the thought that counts"?) she would look at any gift and get a sense of worth out of the amount that someone spent on them. so much for handmade creations... no mixed cd's there...
b) i'd love it if someone got me a music store gift certificate this year. edie brickell and the new bohemians went and released a new cd without consulting me first.
c) i like how there is only one faux pas for buying for men listed. trust me, i've seen numerous guys get gifts that are NOTHING like what they really want for valentine's day. however, we just usually don't complain much because the night is usually capped off with sex.
9 comments:
(a) I agree...I'd never date this girl either.
(b) Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians somehow morphed into Eddie Brickall and the Nude Bolivians when I was in High School...and it still makes me giggle.
(c) Isn't sex all any man really wants for any holiday?
have you checked out cardavenue.com?
i got a ton of gift cards for christmas and my birthday and went on there and swapped them for ones that i really wanted. (got rid of shell gas cards because we don't have those here and got a few linen 'n things ones)
i love the idea of gift cards, but make sure people can use them where they live.
now if only they would make a gift card for sex...
I think Megan has stubbled upon the perfect handmade gift.....
Sean - I would buy you a gift card. It's very practical for those far away.
I think it is the thought that counts. The woman struck me as very shallow and superficial in her writing. But I do think the tie was a no-no for men.
I personally think that if a gift shows creativity and thought, that's all that matters.
I'd rather know that he really thought about me (the mixed CD is a perfect example), than just picked up candy on the way home.
Sean-
I will never wonder- never doubt- what to get you for Christmas :) lol :)
I love gift cards too. Anyone who thinks they really know what I want is usually mistaken~
Let me choose :)
My take on V-Day: commercialism. But, still, it's nice to receive a card and some chocolate.
there is a song by edie brickell that makes me cry everytime i hear it. it's the last track on Picture Perfect Morning. i am starting to tear up just thinking about it.
Post a Comment