.... which conveniently enough, gives me an opportunity to share one of my more favorite songs, which is "Cot" by "The Carnival Strippers".
we've been working some long hours here for the last month. not every single day, but we've had more than a couple 20-22 hr days lately. i rolled out of bed when the alarm when off this morning after just a couple hours of sleep, but mid-morning it really started to hit me. i know that i'm tired when i start feeling a weird, weak/numb kind of feeling in the back of my knees, like they could buckle at anytime. i've had that all day.
it's worth it though, as long as we don't make stupid mistakes. i was positive we'd go into a "lull" period at about the 8th or 9th month, where we'd really just be bored silly and time would seem to drag alot. but that's never really happened. so much different stuff has happened along this deployment that it keeps things fresh. so even now, after being away from home for some 14 months, it still feels like time is flying.
hope everyone is doing well.
8 comments:
julie... oooh. yeah, i shouldn't even be complaining about that to you, huh? i'm trying to convince my boss to let me split ways with everyone in north carolina, instead of having to fly back home with them. i'd like to take two or three days to rent a car and drive home, sleeping late in every hotel along the way. and i've had 1000tc sheets delivered and waiting for me. i'm going to enjoy a hot shower, unplug the phone, close the drapes and turn my room into the batcave, turn the fan on for white noise and zonk...
Hey Sean, thanks for coming by! I post music every so often. If you're looking for MP3's (and haven't already found this site), check out 100records.blogspot.com. I write for it occassionally; it's run by a friend of mine.
Be safe.
Courtney
hey sean...just back from a run with the dog, ipod and new shoes. the combo made me think about your recent posts about things you say to yourself when you run and your new running shoes!
i was yelling at my heart rate monitor because i swear it was wrong...i have to be exerting (sp?) more energy than that?!
plus you have to love colorado weather - it was raining when i left, but stoped 30 minutes out and the sun came out and warmed up, so i had to start shedding layers (wish i hadn't worn tights!).
thought about how i need to update my ipod play list...then got sad because my dog is getting older and has a harder time keeping up on longer runs...then got mad because i decided i dont like my new shoes and it is too late to take them back! oh well.
oh yea i just found out that they are serving cake that meeting i have to attend tonight!!! (1 of the 6,356,982 reasons i run)
anyways...stay safe and keep up the blogging!
courtney... thanks for the 100 records link. i saw the picture on your page but just figured it was a music store or something. i've already checked it out and passed it on, but i'm going to have to wait til i get home to do serious downloading.
megan... i'm scared about how hard i'm going to have to work when i come back to colorado and hit elevation. blah. i remember when i first moved there, 2 miles killed me. to be honest, i'd actually almost rather it be winter when i come home so it's at least cooler.
i've had a rant about ipods have written for about a month now, but haven't finished it off yet. the battery on mine has gotten so awful. something happened to it the other day, and it lost all the songs. and the battery doesn't last long enough for it to download all the songs i have now. and instead of downloading half, dying, then downloading the other half, everytime it dies, it forgets where it was. total pain in the ass. i just ordered a different type of player and i'm bugging the mail clerk everyday because it hasn't shown up yet.
sorry to hear about your dog. it's rough to have your best companion get tired on you like that. sad to watch that happen and not be able to do anything.
i'm giving my new shoes one more shot and then they're going back.
jules... not at all. nothing's more important than raising a little one.
Sean, I have been reading your posts and they remind me of when I was in the Army. I started reading your BLOG when BWH
OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I must have hit the wrong button!!!! My comment went out before I was finished. I am here in Iraq myself as a contractor and I still have to get in the gym or go run or I will just get fat...ter. I started reading your BLOG when BWH introduced the two of us in his BLOG. I really like your sense of humor. You should write a book I think it would do well. The thing about a book is that you have to keep one continuous thought going through until completion. You cannot be flighty (like me). If you would like to find out how you can get published read WWJBLOG.BLOGSPOT.COM. Miss Darlene and her husband run a business that is in the business of helping people self publish.
You BLOG is GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work.
I order you to take it easy and get some hard earned rest :)
Yep...I'm with Malinda on those orders soldier!
I so hope you get to NC!
But when you are home, and all is settled, and you get to sleep in your own bed every night...I think there will be lots of stuff you will miss. So, enjoy the ride as much as you can! The journey is what it is all about...but I don't need to tell YOU that!
-Cora :)
Post a Comment