Thursday, June 01, 2006

jackasses...

So I'm riding home from work today and I hear a siren behind me. When I was a kid, my parents always told me to remember that that ambulance, policecar or firetruck could be rushing to the aid of someone that I knew or loved, so I've always been diligent about getting out of the way when one of those vehicles is coming my way. Oh, and it's the law, right?

So back to the story. I'm riding home from work, I hear the siren, I start pulling over to the side of the road and braking. The jackass behind me starts laying on his horn. I'm a little concerned because, you know, I'm on a motorcycle and car usually beats motorcycle... He FINALLY stops and proceeds to start yelling out of his sunroof at me, threatening to kick my ass and what not. Have I mentioned fears of having an anger management issue? Apparently not as bad as his, because I was actually able to restrain myself from putting down the kickstand, getting off the bike, taking the helmet off and beating him with it. And his pretty little car. But mostly him. So the ambulance finally goes by and I start to move again, and this guy made a very purposeful effort to peel out and try to force me off the road. Still totally not grasping the fact that an ambulance had passed us. And as much as I wanted not to, I still couldn't help hoping that maybe it was a loved one of HIS that they were rushing to help.

I'm a petty, petty man.

7 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

I have those exact same thoughts everytime some jackass lays his horn.

I then proceed to yell at him, which is then when Loki jumps in and says, "Baby, he can't hear you."

Yeah, but it's the act of yelling...

Trouble said...

I'm of the non-pacifistic bent, and of the considered opinion that some people would greatly benefit from an ass-kicking, so I'm not sure what I have to offer here. ;)

Actually, I thought you were quite mature. Way more mature than me, frankly.

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

I always give motorcyclists a wide berth; I hate people who ride up on them. One of my friends has a lovely set of pins in his leg because of jackasses like that.

FindingHeart said...

You ended with, "i'm a petty man". Uh, hell no! I've made driving mistakes before, but I'll admit to it or give the apologetic wave. But you touch on the two non-negotiables: f'ing with emergency vehicles and f'ing with bikes. Don't care how pissed one gets, don't mess with bikes. Pull over, and THEN get the crap beat out of yourself.

The only times I wished I had a handgun? when driving in traffic with A-Holes.

Datbury said...

Well I've been in an ambulance with my second oldest son, and I probably would have jumped down that guy's throat because obviously he has never been in that position, nor told by an adult like you have. And I am usually a patient person.

Malnurtured Snay said...

It'd be really cool if "operating a motor vehicle while stupid" was a real ticketable offense.

elcynic said...

Fucker. I HATE these people and I could go on for hours on how this is so indicitive of the current mindset, but I'll spare you.

These people are on their way to save someone, ANYONE, doesn't matter to me who it is. And if someone doesn't pull over they get a finger and a big "JACKASS!" from me.

Other's stupidity and lack of any concern or care for others is one of the few things that overrides my pacifism...