Thursday, June 01, 2006

serious question...

... can you make stereotypes when writing these things when asking a question of your readers and soliciting their input so you can understand situations better without seriously offending people?

I was reading this post by BSlawG yesterday and it tapped into a question that I've had about the different ways alot of men and women will react to certain situations. I've asked the question face to face with friends but still haven't received alot of articulate responses to it, so the lack of understanding is still there. You all seem like a very bright group, and this medium forces us to think things out before responding, so I think I'd get more satifying answers here. But at the same time I don't want to offend or lose any of the precious few readers/friends that visit here. And when you're asking a question like that you have to break it down into groups and make some gross generalizations that definately don't apply to everyone. We're all mature here though right? Friends?

6 comments:

Megan said...

ask away...i am not easily offended and if you do offend someone we all know it wasn't intentional!

leelee said...

I think I can handle your question, no matter what it is. I am not easily offended especially when it would be YOU asking..

I read BSlawG's post..now I am WAY curious as to what the question is..

Mayden' s Voyage said...

It would be hard for you to offend me Sean...so ask.
-Cora :)

Paperback Writer said...

Ask away...

Trouble said...

What's the question? I'm difficult to offend, unless I'm dating you. Then, you have to walk on eggshells. Just ask the chef.

bslawg said...

As far as I can tell, we're still waiting for the question. In my book, love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer sex raises some pretty good questions. Please don't start with sex. It's over done. Although I must agree. I would not be offended.

Glad I could be brain candy for the day.