Friday, June 23, 2006

this blows...

... i'm bored silly at work, everyone else is out of the office today. i've got not blog topics right now. well, i've got some, but... long story. and i'm craving salt. like, pretzel salt for some weird reason. like, let's go out and get margaritas after work, and when you look away, i'll lick the rim of your glass kind of cravings. not that i've ever done that, but it sounds good right now for some reason.

yes. i'm weird. but we knew this.

12 comments:

Megan said...

i just got back from lunch and have no desire to be here. it is beautiful out there.

mmmm...'ritas sound sooo good right now! frozen with lots of salt!

Trouble said...

Speaking of licking the rim, I went to dinner last night and had THE BEST LEMON DROP martinis, EVER. And they were rimmed with sugar, just like a lemon drop.

When I was pregnant, I craved salt constantly. I used to eat green olives and suck on them to get all the salt out of them. Crazy, huh?

Trouble said...

Oh poop. I said licking the rim, and it was so innocent, too. (eyeroll at self).

Sean said...

i'm not pregnant. honest. the other thing is, instead of riding my bike, i drove today. so i've been feeling cooped up all day.

Trouble said...

I'm thinking about what awaits me when I get home (I've started running again) and dreading it. I have to run some stuff by the chef's work today and told him, "Under no circumstances are you to allow me to sit down and have a drink." One drink will turn into two which will turn into dinner which will immediately turn into an inch of fat on my butt.

So, running it is.

Sean said...

damn you trouble. if you have to bring up running and make me feel guilty about it, could you at least be here so i have a running partner? i haven't graced a running trail with my winged feet in about five weeks now.

Megan said...

FIVE WEEKS! YOU LAZY S.O.B!

how is that for guilt. don't feel bad, instead of meeting some friends for a run at lunch i went and ate hotdogs and ice cream at my bank's local appreciation lunch!

just tell yourself it is too hot to run after work...it must be done first thing in the morning! and depending on how pregnant you are it might not be good for the baby!

Sean said...

megan. god no. i hate waking up in the morning. i need to slam dunk this last class i'm taking, cut back to ten hour work days, and then i'll have time to run. honest.

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

I hate writers block.

Malinda777 said...

Love the salt too, I will eat green olives in a bowl like real food :)

BTW unrelated, I spoke to a father today whose son just got back from Iraq. He got to have dinner with 5 of the unit that suffered some losses and all of them had done at least two tours. He felt honored to have dinner with them and thank them for their service.

Somehow it made me think of you. Thank you again, and I hope you have more fun this summer than is allowed :)

Paperback Writer said...

Yeah, I hate writer's block too.

Currently, though, I feel kind of wordy. But I should take a walk and bring my library books back. That should curb...right?

Yeah, I know. Pathetic.

elcynic said...

I hear ya, everyone comes back fromt he weekend with mega stuff on their blogs... I've got nothing.

And I need a nap.

Next Monday will be worse because I will be the only one here. Can't use the PTO.