Monday, November 05, 2007

Another six sentence story

Now and then

When he was a kid they played "G.I. Joe" and  "war".  They'd point their toy guns or their fingers at one another and shout "BANG!" and one would fall down and then jump back up again a minute later, laughing like a loon.  Or they'd argue about having super speed or shields or magic powers that made them impervious to bullets.  Then he grew up, joined the army and went to war, where the rounds whizzed by over head and the shells exploded nearby and there was no magical shield and when you were hit you were really dead and he thought he was scared.  That was years ago, and he's home safe now and he just saw his own son running round the corner of the house, chased by the neighbor boy who's screaming "Bang-Bang!  HEY!  NO FAIR!  I GOT YOU, YOU'RE DEAD".  Funny, with no threat present he now knows what fear really is.

 

i'm having fun with trying these.  you guys are forced to suffer through my delusions of grandeur.

4 comments:

Constance said...

Good Monday afternoon Sean,
Actually, your writing cuts right to the chase and packs an emotional uppercut without wasting any words.
Your delusions have some validity to them :)

TC said...

I really enjoyed this. It was short and to the point, but packed a punch.

Paperback Writer said...

I liked it. Perhaps, one day, I can convince you to do the crazy novel thing in a month.

;)

Tiffanie said...

Hi. I read Trouble's blog and liked what you wrote to her about remembering how she feels now about the cop she's seeing when it's down the road...